Kookaburra Nickel Cricket Bat 2019
- Handmade bat with ‘Players’ Quality specially selected Grade 1 unbleached English Willow.
- Ideal choice of bat for the players who wish to make a statement at the crease.
- The distinct next generation graphics combines with the traditional profile makes this bat arguably the best looking bat.
- Available only in SH type.
- Comes with a fully padded bat cover.
Each Cleft is different and is handcrafted separately with the utmost precision and care. Kookaburra`s master bat Maker individually assess and uniquely work on each cleft to maximize its performance.
The clefts are made in a traditional way by allowing the bat to dry naturally over time. They are not artificially flashed in kilns to dry faster. Thus the willow retains its natural moisture to the required level and gives greater durability.
The Sweet spot is located at the mid-blade at a distance between 215 mm to 235 mm from the toe end of the bat. The bat is engineered to maximize the sweet spot by optimizing the edge, spine and scallop profiles.
The bat has a rounded face profile and round edge profile. The edge profiles measures between 34 mm to 38 mm in thickness. The spine profile comes with the thickness in the range of 62 to 67 mm. The slightly rounded face gives this bat a more familiar look. Traditional profile makes this bat more suitable for old-school traditional style of play.
Scallop and Bow
Scallops present at either sides of the spine extend the apex and maximize the edge profile without increasing the weight of the bat. The scallop has a slightly concave profile and measures about 1-2 mm in size. The bow is designed in such a way that the hands are placed ahead of the ball while striking to induce good stroke play. The bow is approximately 11-12 mm in size.
Handle and Grip
It has an oval-shaped handle with a unique Octopus Suckers grip. This gives an ‘ultimate tacky feel’ and a secure grip.
It is a light-weight bat and the weight ranges from 2 lb 8 oz to 2 lb 10 oz.
The bats are pre-conditioned by hands and not by a machine. Thus, the time required to prepare the bat during match play is greatly reduced. It is not a Full ‘Knocked-in’ service, so self preparation work is recommended.
Kookaburra Nickel Cricket Bat 2019 - Specifications
- Edge Profile: Round
- Edge Thickness: 34mm to 38mm (approx.)
- Face Profile: Rounded
- Sweet Spot: 215mm to 235 mm from the Toe-end
- Spine Height: 62mm to 67mm (approx.)
- Scallop: 1mm to 2mm
- Bow: 11mm to 12mm
- Weight: 2 lb to 8 oz to 2 lb 10 oz
- Kookaburra Nickel Pro Code: 2A29230
- Kookaburra Nickel 2.0 Code: 2A29232
- Kookaburra Nickel 3.0 Code: 2A29233
- Kookaburra Nickel 5.0 Code: 2A29235
- Kookaburra Nickel Advanced Code: 2B29233
Junior Level Bat (Made with special Kashmiri Willow and features a ‘Pro-shield’ face. It is used only with Tape balls and heavy tennis balls)